Friday 12 October 2007

Flattery will get you everywhere...

Another brief post today - but with a link to a rather longer one. If you just can't get enough of my library burblings, then you're in luck - Lisa (Bluestalking Reader to many of us, and also one of the loveliest people I know) asked me, bless her, to be a guest blogger on a library blog she runs, over in the US. We go back a few years now - on the dovegreybooks online reading group - and she has watched me morph from highschooler to Grown-Up, always with kindness and wittiness and general loveliness. Well, I'm still basking in having been labelled charming by her ;-) Before I descend into a, wholly justified, bout of mutual appreciation, here is my contribution to the blog. Some of it is stuff you've read before, maybe, but if you want to print off and memorise my first few weeks' experience, it's a useful resource. And of course you should have a mosey around the website: lots and lots of interesting things to read about. Her mention of my sketches does, however, make me remember how negligent I've been. Could Do Better.

2 comments:

  1. Simon, on the subject of the periodicals you mention in your guest post, have you come across "Gut" and "Pain" yet? Those medics go in for catchy titles.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How about some of these splendid titles I chose Elsevier as my source):

    Alcohol; Appetite; Assessing Writing; Chaos, Solitons & Fractals; Physica A, B, C, D and E (I read these ones, indeed I think I have published in one of them, but the titles lack imagination in my view) and to finish one of the longest titles I know of (and a journal I read avidly) Nuclear Instruments and Methods in Physics Research Section A: Accelerators, Spectrometers, Detectors and Associated Equipment

    Physical Cat

    ReplyDelete

I've now moved to www.stuckinabook.com, and all my old posts are over there too - do come and say hello :)

I probably won't see your comment here, I'm afraid, but all my archive posts can also be found at www.stuckinabook.com.