Monday 19 November 2007

Grammar Police

Inspiration is dry tonight, so shall try to show you a cartoon Mel drew for me a while ago. My natural inclination for accuracy, and generous willingness to bestow such accuracy on others (which said 'others' have been known to label pedantry) led to the joking initiation of the Grammar Police. With appropriate disciplinary action. Click on the picture to enlarge it - in case that doesn't work, I've included a typed version below.


"So I told him, I didn't know who she was going with..."

"Freeze! Her Majesty's Secret Grammar Police!
My duty compels me to retract that sentence and replace it with 'I didn't know with whom she was going'. And to administer the following penalty..."

*WHAP* with the Oxford English Dictionary

"Ow... What the...?"

"You reckon she's going with Pete though?" "Yeah..."

1 comment:

  1. Ahh... little did I know that a couple of years later I actually would BE Her Majesty's Grammar Police, in a professional capacity.

    ReplyDelete

I've now moved to www.stuckinabook.com, and all my old posts are over there too - do come and say hello :)

I probably won't see your comment here, I'm afraid, but all my archive posts can also be found at www.stuckinabook.com.