Wednesday 3 June 2009

Flushed


Just to warn you, over the next couple of weeks my blog posts may be a little short and sporadic, as my dissertation is due in on 15th June!

And very brief tonight... tomorrow I'm off to my first Persephone book group in Oxford, where we'll be discussing Flush by Virginia Woolf, which actually tied in nicely as a peripheral book to my dissertation. I'll hopefully write about my thoughts tomorrow, and the thoughts of the group, but why not gather some opinions here first?

Anybody read this pseudo-biography of Elizabeth Barrett Browning's dog? And what did you think? Better or worse than Woolf's other books - and how is it different?

3 comments:

  1. I haven't read it yet but I am intending to this month; I have an old orange Penguin edition that I'll upgrade to Persephone at some point.

    Good luck with your dissertation!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't read Flush yet but I am absolutely green with envy at your attending a Persephone book chat! While in London I attended the Someone at a Distance chat in the Bloomsbury shop and just loved it. Please post about your gathering when you have a moment!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Isn't Flush just the oddest little book? I think VW wrote it as a respite from finishing The Waves. Didn't Virginia and Leonard own similar spaniels? Anyway I enjoyed reading it but its not like anything else she wrote.

    ReplyDelete

I've now moved to www.stuckinabook.com, and all my old posts are over there too - do come and say hello :)

I probably won't see your comment here, I'm afraid, but all my archive posts can also be found at www.stuckinabook.com.