Sunday 19 June 2011

Song for a Sunday


I've had a couple of days in London, seeing (count 'em) fourteen different people, in six different groupings - including Sakura (Chasing Bawa) today for a blitz of Notting Hill Book & Comic Exchange. I'll share my spoils with you another time - for now let's have a Sunday Song, shall we? This week it's 'Sister Rosetta Goes Before Us' from Alison Krauss and Robert Plant, on their quirky duet album Raising Sand.



For all previous Sunday Songs, click here.

6 comments:

  1. Alison Krauss has such a beautiful, haunting voice. I just got the new Alison Krause & Union Station album, Paper Airplane, but now I think I need to go find Raising Sands.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this album and this is one of my favourite songs on it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This song is beautiful! I would've never found it by myself. Thanks a lot.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What an amazing song! Perfect for a road trip through the desert.

    ReplyDelete
  5. How did you know what a favourite of mine AK is? When her songs come up on the shuffle setting of the teensy IPod shuffle, my heart sings as I do my constitutionals round the park. Always reminds me of our son in NYC who bought me the CD on a trip home . Double delight.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lisa May - I must try some of her other albums... her voice is what makes this record brilliant.

    Claire - awesome! This is easily my favourite track from the album, but I think it really coheres as a whole album, rather than standout tracks.

    Kinga Bee - you're very welcome!

    Dan - not something I'm ever likely to do... but I'll take your word for it ;)

    Martina - oh, fun coincidence!

    ReplyDelete

I've now moved to www.stuckinabook.com, and all my old posts are over there too - do come and say hello :)

I probably won't see your comment here, I'm afraid, but all my archive posts can also be found at www.stuckinabook.com.