Tuesday 13 March 2012

My Life in Books: Round-up!

Well, I hope you enjoyed that, I certainly did.  Don't forget to go back and comment on the posts this week (I always get overly protective when I feature other people!)  - and I'd love to know which recommended book you're now most keen to read?

I thought I'd link to all thirty (thirty!) of the bloggers and blog-readers who have participated in My Life in Books in Series One and Series Two.  This is set up so that clicking on the person's name takes you to their blog (if they have one) and clicking on the 'Life in Books' bit takes you to the post where they were featured.

Tomorrow, back to normal - which I hope won't be anti-climactic!  Coming up there will be a re-read that was much better the second time around, a brilliant sequel, and a book I really wish I hadn't read.  Intriguing, no?

Series One

Karen and Susan's Life in Books
Lyn and Our Vicar's Wife/Anne's Life in Books
Lisa and Victoria's Life in Books
Darlene and Our Vicar/Peter's Life in Books
Annabel  and Thomas's Life in Books
David and Elaine's Life in Books
Harriet and Nancy's  Life in Books

Series Two

Rachel and Teresa's Life in Books
Claire and Colin's Life in Books
Hayley and Karyn's Life in Books
Jenny and Kim's Life in Books 
Danielle and Sakura's Life in Books
Claire B and Nymeth/Ana's Life in Books
Gav and Polly's Life in Books
Eva and Simon S's Life in Books

27 comments:

  1. You've made it so easy by adding the links. Thank you. I visited about five of the blogs and this will help me go visit all.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much for organizing this again this year, Simon! I had a wonderful time participating and loved reading through all of the other bloggers' responses!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I loved it so much this year! I'm already excited about next time...

      Delete
  3. Thank you so much, Simon! I had a lovely time. I think the funniest thing was seeing how much we were all affected by Rebecca...!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes indeed! It really seems to be one of this transitional books, doesn't it?

      Delete
  4. Thanks to everyone who took part, and Simon for organising it... It was hugely enjoyable reading. looking forward to catching up on series one.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are clever doing all those links. I've said this before (many times) but this is such a wonderful series -- many many thanks.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. and every time you say it makes me smile a lot :) Thanks, Harriet!

      Delete
  6. Simon - this latest series has been wonderful and full of inspiration. Loved it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. brilliant! So many titles I want to read now...

      Delete
  7. It has been a wonderful series to anticipate and then read Simon, and it was lovely to be asked to take part. And Rebecca - it is one of the hundreds of unread Penguins I own. It may be time to read it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, gosh, you must Karyn! Now you've had half a dozen recommendations for it this week, I need say no more ;)

      Delete
  8. Thank you for organising these.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Another wonderful "mini-series." Thanks so much for organizing this and to all those who participated. I now have a longer shopping list. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you for asking me to participate, Simon. I loved reading about everyone's inspirations and look forward to reading next year's My Life in Books (hint, hint)!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for joining in, Sakura - and your hint is taken! It might even be in six months' time... watch this space ;)

      Delete
  11. Look at you with all of those links! Thanks for compiling them for the rest of us. :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, and I meant to say, of course you coming back will be the opposite of anticlimactic. :p Your teasers have me curious!

      Delete
    2. Lovely thing to say! I can't often think of teasers, nor am I often prepared enough to drop them, but this time it seemed right...

      Delete
  12. I have really enjoyed this series. I actually took the questions and emailed them to my non-blogging, book-loving friends and got some really great results. Thanks so much Simon for organizing this!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oh brilliant! I should circulate amongst my academic friends... it would be interesting to see how they ended up studying English. I bet Enid Blyton helped quite a few of them on their way!

      Delete
  13. I found out about these series through Kim's tweets and I've started reading and it feels like finding a Treasure Island, knowing all new books and other bits and pieces and I love the first question and curious to know what's everyone's favorite of their childhood reads.
    Many Thanks for the Joy.

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a great series! I'd love to be involved in the next one if at all possible! H

    ReplyDelete
  15. I am enjoying catching up on this series and discovering new blogs! Thank you.

    ReplyDelete

I've now moved to www.stuckinabook.com, and all my old posts are over there too - do come and say hello :)

I probably won't see your comment here, I'm afraid, but all my archive posts can also be found at www.stuckinabook.com.