Tuesday 1 May 2012

And now... Beryl Bainbridge!



A very quick post today - in case you missed it on my previous post, Annabel/Gaskella has taken up the challenge of nominating another author for a reading week, and designing a great badge, and so... Beryl Bainbridge Reading Week will be hitting the blogosphere June 18-24!  More info from Annabel here.  I've been intending to read Beryl Bainbridge for years - at the moment I only have Master Georgie, so it might well be that one I read, but I'll see what the library.  Go over and express your interest, if you are interested, and spread the word!

6 comments:

  1. Thank you Simon. Maybe someone else can take on the baton with another author reading week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. As a matter of fact, I'm considering hosting a Rosamond Lehmann Reading Week. I'm tired of people telling me they've never heard of her and then asking "Lemon? Is that a pseudonym?"!! Anyone interested?

      Delete
    2. I would absolutely be up for a Rosamond Lehmann week - I have quite a few books by her, and have had for years, and yet I've still never read her.

      Delete
    3. That would be brilliant, Simon! I think you would find her interesting, considering your research and your affection for unjustly neglected middlebrow writers of the thirties...

      Delete
    4. Oh, a Rosamond Lehmann week would be good - I haven't read her for at least 20 years so it would give me the impetus to get her books out!

      Delete
  2. Excellent. Beryl Bainbridge is another author I've never read before, but have been meaning to. I'll make sure to participate and see what everyone else thinks.

    ReplyDelete

I've now moved to www.stuckinabook.com, and all my old posts are over there too - do come and say hello :)

I probably won't see your comment here, I'm afraid, but all my archive posts can also be found at www.stuckinabook.com.